Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Last Days.

Hello, June. How've you been? We've missed you, for sure, but could really do without record-setting heat... think we could compromise somehow?

IMG_0609


Last week was the frenzied Last Week of School. I don't really remember much past Monday, I just know my bank account is empty and my laundry room has now spilled out into my bedroom. At the end of the week, I became the proud owner of a Middle and High Schooler. Lucky. Me.

IMG_0654


Really, the reason I can't remember most of last week is because it was filled with bittersweet emotions. Both my girls attended the same elementary school I did as a child - and last week we left it for good. Jordin did the famous "Fifth Grade Walk," and with that, we said goodbye. A bunch of us "cool" moms went in and rented the infamous "Furbus," sending them out of carpool line for the last time in loud, obnoxious, zebra striped style. Naturally, there are no pictures of said occasion. Sorry.

(If you are looking for a picture, there isn't one. I am forbidden to post pictures of The Teenager on my blog OR Facebook. Just to clarify. She's beautiful and lovely and postively hilarious in photographs. SIGH.)

Middle Schooler left behind her friends and everyday family for a new adventure... on Memorial Day, we moved her in with her dad for her high school experience... putting her on a path to possibilities she can't even begin to imagine. The Farmhouse is uncomfortably quiet. I read on Facebook last night that she was getting her nails done. The best choices for our children are always the hardest to make... even harder to live with. Did I mention how QUIET the Farmhouse is?

IMG_2170

And so, the summer begins... swimsuits, watermelons, and record-breaking temperatures. Sunburns, plastic pools and homemade lemonade all have an appropriate place in our summertime adventures. And, somewhere along the way, we plan to throw in potty-training. Yay.

IMG_2298

No comments:

Post a Comment