Monday, March 9, 2009

one million tidbits all rolled into one



Ever make a list of things to post and realize each one is probably the most mindless post idea ever? well. enjoy the following.

* * * * * * *

Sarah Beth went to her very first NASCAR event this weekend. She came home tired, sunburned, and wearing a Dale Jr. shirt. Need I say more?

Landon is wearing his Citadel onesie today (thank you Uncle Brandon). The one that when we opened it at Christmas, I was sure he would never ever wear because he would never ever be that big. Turns out, if you feed em', they grow. Amazing.

My hours at work were cut to only four days a week. It's a love / hate relationship, that place.

I am working at a Children's Consignment Sale this week. Pray that I don't kill anyone. Especially since it's at a church. Landon needs a high chair. And Mama needs a new pair of shoes.

My little cousin, Summer, calls her Daddy "Mama." There is nothing funnier on the face of the planet.

Jenn, Jackson's Mama, is having a baby girl in a couple of months. I think that makes just enough cousins to open up a daycare. Good Lord. She even had to go out and get a red minivan. Which made me realize that minivans aren't so bad afterall. No. I really didn't just say that.

I made some yummy UNfried Chicken with a recipe from my new cookbook, Family Dinners. I offered to get Jenn a copy, but then realized that since she is a self proclaimed "I don't USE measuring cups" kinda girl, realized what a ridiculous offer I had made. WHAT? A COOKBOOK? Magic like the kind in Jenn's kitchen apparently just... HAPPENS.

Yesterday in an argument with Sarah Beth, she told me I have anger issues. Which is ironic, because, I was really perfectly calm. So I said, "I am not even raising my voice at you." To which she replied, "I didn't say RIGHT NOW, I just said YOU HAVE THEM." Then I told her that she smelled. "BUT I JUST TOOK A SHOWER!" she said. "WELL. I DIDN'T SAY RIGHT NOW. BUT SOMETIMES YOU DO." I think that kind of logic works.

2 comments:

  1. oh wait just a moment. I CAN NOT let my great neice go running around with an Ernhardt Tshirt on. Nope I can't. Send her down here so I can teach her who the BEST NASCAR driving is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea -I am going to try that !!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete